Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Return of Juan Smokey Thebandito: The Summer of too much fun: Part 1

Well well well blog followers, I know you have been eagerly awaiting word from me, to hear about my adventures and revel in my sardonically witty turn of phrase. And wait is what you have had to do. I have been busy, in a far away land, where things and actions are tangible, goods are material, and relationships conducted in a more physical arena. I say busy but I really mean lazy as fuck, hence it being several months since my last missive to my followers. Much has happened.

I will quickly get formalities out of the way. Twiiter was an interesing diversion, allowing me to stalk several rugby and league heroes. Subsequently I am now Facebook friends with one of them too. It was nice to feel closer to the All Blacks, to learn what they like to do in their spare time, where they like to eat, if they are a folder or a scruncher. But it gave me too much insight, it did not feel comfortable. After several months I stopped using twitter all together. And I now cannot remember my login credentials. You were fun while it lasted Ms Twitter.

Summer is well and truely here in Wellington. You can tell because I cooked my first bactch of chickens over an open fire this weekend. Construction is well under way on a new Deck of Operations at my Fortress. Earthworks have begin and framing is up. Once this is completed my conquest of Summer Fun will almost be complete. Already Summer Romance has been and gone. Twice. 2 and half if you wont to get technical. And concert going is being planned. First up is Aloe Blacc. The venue is Backstage in Auckland and this little trip is going to be the highlight of my summer. After that is MGMT. Electric Feel is me, a part of me, I complete it. So bring on March 19. Then comes Katy Perry. That one is going to be interesting to say the least... I'm sure you'll hear more about it.

Next week Smokey is taking a break from normal duties. I Have several recipes I want to try, top of the list being a Banoffe Cheesecake and a Berry Cheesecake Bombe combination. Plus everyday will be bbq day, and getting slightly drunk and baked in the sun day.

Till then my Thebandioites

Smokey

No comments:

Post a Comment